Monday, January 18, 2010

Disaster Relief for Haiti

I haven't really been watching the news or listening to the radio but I do know that the earthquake in Haiti has been devastating. I have not seen photos or watched video footage but one doesn't have to, to know that the lives of those affected will be changed forever. Many people have been trying to decide which organizations to support and after looking around (and receiving an e-mail from a friend) I've decided that we should support Haiti ARISE. There are many other organizations out there but please be sure that you know who you are donating (unfortunately, there are scammers out there that use occasions like this to profit).

My heart goes out to all the people that have been touched by the devastation and I am hoping that each of us, while safe and sound in our homes, will stop for a moment and ask what we can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment