Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday Faves-June 25th

It's that time again! What were your favorite moments, things, places this week. Please join me at Living to Tell the Story and share!

1. Having my beautiful son cook me breakfast almost all my himself. Liam's Delisio Restaurant has been keeping me busy helping him choose recipes and overseeing the kitchen but I wouldn't change it for the world. He is happiest when he is in the kitchen and that makes me happy, too!





2. Having my daughter feel ill on Wednesday morning. Yes, this is a strange fave to have, but it really gave us all time to relax and spend time together. I think that we'll need to schedule a pyjama day at least once a month.

3. Having above said illness be short lived and hopefully only hitting the wee girl. Knock on wood. I do NOT handle the "ickies" well (though, I think I am getting much better) and really hope that this is the end of this round of illness.

4. Getting to know the neighbours more and more. I'm quite painfully shy and in my year and a half here I've hardly met any. I resolved myself to get out there in the world and I think it has given me more of an approachable aura because withuot effore I've met the lady from across the street AND another Mama to two children that lives just down the road.

5. Having our first salad of greens from our garden for supper tonight. YUMMY!

5 comments:

  1. It isn't nice when they are sick but being able to just sit and be with them is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when the boys want to help make things. The older boys were 'in charge' of brunch on Mother's Day. Poor R mis-read the biscuit mix and added way too much milk. I fixed it by adding more mix which netted us a LOT more biscuits. He felt bad, but in the end we had an extra dozen or so biscuits frozen off for a different day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to have a day at home. Pajama day (without the ickies) sounds like a fine monthly activity.

    I hope you are able to meet more of your neighbors soon.

    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That breakfast looks awesome! Looks like you might have a little chef on your hands.

    We do a pajama day once in a while in dayhome and the kids love it. It just speaks of a relaxed, fun, easy going day to get to arrive in jammies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have something in common among other things we both have a son, happy in a kitchen. I don't always like to share my space but I sure do appreciate it when he bakes cheese cake and doubles batches of brownies for the tea room.

    Oh those "mommy come and lay down with me" days, ya it is time together. Thank you for the idea it is time I had a pajama party with my daughter.

    Our neighbours keep to themselves, and that makes it hard to yell "hello I'm new here say hi once and awhile."
    Have a great week, thanks for the kind words

    ReplyDelete