Friday, May 28, 2010

Super Star Speech-A Review

Product: Super Star Speech: Speech Therapy Made Simple
Price: 12.95$US e-book, 18.95$US-22.95$US print version

Morgaine started to speak very early and spoke very clearly with a large vocabulary. Over the past couple years, however, we've begun to have a harder and harder time understanding her. Having received many hours of speech therapy myself as a child, I started to feel that perhaps we'd have to look into that option for Morgaine as well. However, I continued to delay looking for a therapist as I was concerned about the cost aspect and my uncertainty over whether my concerns were founded. At just the right moment, I received Deborah Lott's Super Star Speech to review as part of the TOS Homeschool Crew.

Deborah Lott has spent many years working as a licensed speech pathologist while also homeschooling her children. She realized however, that such speech therapy may not be accessible to everyone for various reasons and graciously decided to develop a program that would be easy for parents to use in their own homes to help improve their children's speech. Super Star Speech begins with an articulation test to use with your children to help pinpoint their exact areas of difficulty. This is followed by activities to teach them how to properly articulate the sounds that they are having difficulty with. These activities are very much like I remember doing as a child so you can be guaranteed that you are giving your child the same type of instruction they would receive if they were seen by a speech therapist. In addition to this, there are many fun activities included in order to make this program enjoyable for your child.

After doing the articulation test with Morgaine I've come to realize that when Morgaine takes the time to speak slowly she can speak clearly. This was very much a relief to me and I was quite surprised to learn that her difficulty comes from having too much on her mind to say all at once. As a result, we did not use this program with Morgaine very much. I, however, was quite impressed with the detail of the program and the quality of the materials. I remember receiving programs guaranteed to improve my speech as a child and groaning about them. Both my child have hung out watching over my shoulder as I've looked at this program and are begging for speech therapy because "it looks like fun."

For 12.95$US the e-book is an exceptional deal. I would not hesitate for a moment to buy it, if only for the assurance that my child's speech is right on track. If some problems are identified then this e-book is such a valuable tool, especially for those that would have trouble paying for traditional speech therapy. In addition to Super Star Speech: Speech Therapy Made Simple, Deborah Lott has also created specific programs for various sound difficulties so be sure to check out her website for more details on these if you know which sounds your child has difficulty with. I think that Deborah Lott has blessed many families who couldn't afford speech therapy with this product and if your child is struggling I encourage you to check out her website to find out more.

**Any products reviewed by me as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew have been given to me free of charge in order for me to provide you with an honest review of the product and/or how we used the product within our family. I do not receive any other form of compensation for the reviews posted on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment