Monday, May 10, 2010

Everyone Loves a Good Lobster-Lobster Network Review

LobsterLogo

Product: Lobster Network Free Membership
Company: Optimized Consulting Inc.
Price: FREE!!

Lobster is great! Lobster is wonderful! Lobster is one of those things that you enjoy (maybe) once a year. What if I told you, you could enjoy lobster EVERY day? Well, now you can! Just not the the food kind. Through the TOS Homeschool Crew I've happily been introduced to a new networking site (and if you know me, you know I LOVE networking!) called Lobster Network. Lobster Network is the perfect place for people that like a good deal, or even FREE stuff. The idea behind lobster network is that people have stuff. Stuff that they would be happy to share, give away, or sell for cheap and Lobster Network allows you to do so for free all in one place. Lobster Network allows you to list your inventory (books, movies, tool, toys, etc...) and whether you are willing to sell, lend, or give the items away. While lobsters in general are great, it also stands for all the potential that this network can bring to you.

Just take a peak.....


By joining/creating local groups (communities) you are able to find items that are in your area. For example, my husband is a bit of a do it yourself type of guy. We are flipping a 135 year old home. Occasionally we run into problems when we realize that we need a tool that we do not own. Imagine being able to browse through your local lobster network and finding out that Billy from down the road has the exact tool you need to loan out, saving you money that you would use to buy a tool that you might only need to loose once. What's more, if Billy down the road doesn't have the tool that you need then you can but in a request for that tool and perhaps there is another local fellow that might have that tool.

As a homeschooling parent, I'm always looking for deals on curriculum. Sometimes I'm not sure if a certain program would work well with my family and don't want to spend a lot of money on a program that we might not end up using. With Lobster Network I'm able to borrow homeschooling material from other homeschooling families and try it out before committing to the product. Sometimes I can even find deals on homeschooling materials that other families are finished using,

That's not all! As a doula and aspiring midwife, I've collected a wealth of material pertaining to pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and babies that I am more than happy to share with my clients. With Lobster Network my clients can easily see which material I have available to lend out and I can keep track of where my books are without worrying (I am not typically organized and have lost several books since beginning my practice). The more I can educate families (and really, anyone would would like to read any of my books) the happier I am. I cannot wait to use Lobster Network for the purpose.

Now that you know a few of the things that Lobster Network can do, I want to let you know that not only does it serve multiple purposes but it is very user friendly so even a child could help you add items to your inventory list (hey, it could be a learning experience for them!). It is also easy to search for items, add friends and create communities. I really do feel that Lobster Network has the potential to be the next big thing in cyberspace and I am happy to be able to introduce my friends to this free resource. I am hoping to that you will all sign up by going to the Lobster Network website so that you will be able to savour some Lobster (Network) for yourself!

**Any products reviewed by me as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew have been given to me free of charge in order for me to provide you with an honest review of the product and/or how we used the product within our family. I do not receive any other form of compensation for the reviews posted on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment