Friday, March 12, 2010

Fit Mama Friday-March 12th



All is well over here in the land of the very pregnant. I've had a couple days of lowish energy but that has been improving each day so for that I am very grateful. Spring has sprung in Cape Breton making it more appealing to get outside with the kids or go for a walk (that doesn't involve going to the library....my husband has been giving us rides there as he thinks it is getting far for me to cart the kids). I feel like activity wise I am doing well and cannot expect much more at this stage in the game. I really want to start dancing around the living room but I can't bring myself to do that at the moment!

Mike has been preparing supper most days for us (I am so blessed) but his choices are usually a bit fattier and certainly saltier than what I would normally make. I'm not going to complain, though, because I get to retreat to my room with a book or take a shower (by myself, IMAGINE!!). I've been trying to balance it out with a fair amount of fruit, veggies, and unsalted nuts in the day. I haven't been gaining much weight at all these days and I am afraid a lecture might be in store the next time I see the doctor. Baby is definitely growing well, though, and I feel healthy. Just lacking in space for a whole bunch of food at a time. I need to be even more conscious about snacking all the time to get enough throughout the day. My goal of drinking water has been going well but I have thrown in the occasional soda.

My goals for next week will be to snack even more through the day on healthy protein foods, continue with the water and try to cut out that soda again. I might even try to sneak in a couple dancing sessions in the living room as well. I always feel like dancing and moving near the end of pregnancy....I can't believe how close we are getting!

Be sure to check in with my other Fit Mama friends over at Got Chai? and leave a word or two of encouragement!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great at this stage in your pregnancy! I hope you get to sneak that dance in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing a fantastic job! Late in my pregnancies I was a beached whale on the couch. :) I'm so glad you were able to have some time to shower and rest all by yourself. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete