Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New 1 week (okay 1 month) Challenge

Back in the day when this blog was new I decided that I was going to make my office a sanctuary in one week and for only 20 dollars. Well, I've decided to take on a bigger challenge this time. Our old house had a really amazing kitchen and this house, well, the kitchen is the room that needs the most work. Mike was handy enough to get it functional within a couple weeks of us moving in but it still needs significant cosmetic work. My new goal is to fix up the kitchen in one month (okay, I had thought I could do it in 2 weeks but after a couple days of work with little progress I've decided to give myself a little more time) and not spend more than 150 dollars. It'll mostly be a bit of elbow grease and A LOT of painting.

Here are some before pictures:

gedc0166

gedc0167

gedc0168

I also hope to do as much as I can on my own but I needed someone to help with some heavy lifting so I enlisted Mike's help on the weekend and we moved the deep freeze to the spare bedroom in order to finally have a functional laundry room and pantry.

gedc01721

I couldn't be more thrilled with the results. It even gave me room to unpack a few more boxes. Things are finally coming together and I think the results are going to spectacular!

1 comment:

  1. [...] to follow soon); 2. Loving Right Start Math; 3. Working on lots of renovation project….my one month challange has taken much longer than a month; 4. Digging gardens…yes, still; 5. Meeting new people [...]

    ReplyDelete