Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Favorites: Day 1

I figured for the next week or so I would give you a little peak into my favorite parts of the holiday season. I've never been full of holiday Christmas cheer and generally find the holidays stressful with running here and there to visit family and the crowded stores and all commercials that start on TV on November 1st. It's way too much.

This year is a bit different because it is just the children and I. My partner is down in Nova Scotia looking for work and getting a fixer upper home ready for us (a new adventure will soon begin). There was no rushing around to stores looking for presents (I'll hopefully come up with some nice homemade things for the few people I want to give to), there will be no rushing from one party to the next without a moment's rest at home, and well, the only channel we ever watch is Treehouse and it is commercial free (more or less). So I've had time to spend with the kids actually doing things that I enjoy without having to worry about anything.

Over the next few days leading up to Christmas I'd like to share some of my holiday favorites wtih you.

Tonight it is watching old Christmas stories on TV while cuddled up as a family on the couch. We've caught "The Little Drummer Boy" "Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer" and "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (and I have to see if I can find out if "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" is coming on sometime not too late). It's so nice when the cuddle up together and enjoy being close.

DSCF1981

My poor little cat was getting tired.

DSCF1983

Another nice thing about holiday time is that the kids are often tired after supper from playing outide that it isn't too hard to convince them that it is bedtime (though my daughter still manages to stay awake in her room for an hour singing no matter how tired she is....tonight it is "Fa la la la la la la la la")

What good Christmas movies have you watched this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment