Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fridat Favorites-Scent of the Ocean

I've already said tht I was an ocean girl.


It just amazes me how our perception of things change over the years. I'm visiting my family right now who live along the St-Lawrence River. When I was 13 I moved (back) here after spend 2 years with the Atlantic Ocean in my backyard and I used to complain that the St-Lawrence just wasn't the ocean. It wasn't the same. However, coming back after spending a number of years living in a metropolitan area I have come to consider the St-Lawrence the ocean. Driving down the highway as we were nearing this town I began to smell the ocean and I felt at home. It was so soothing to me. Quite often I'll be out walking and get the scent of seaweed and salt water and I just find it so pleasant.


So, yes, my dear, you were right, the ocean was right here all along!!

No comments:

Post a Comment